It’s what all the good vegans have been waiting for. We clipped our toenails. We’ve been counting down. We did calf raises every day for the last four years. We set our phone alarms. We wrote it on our dry-erase calendars so our spouses would know. We’re ready. Are you ready?…
“How to Be Vegan” Tip 48: Celebrate #VeganSockWeek
Why is this important?
It’s important for vegans to have community and social support, and there’s no better way than to bond over footwear! Our feet are what let us stand for animals! Ya get it? Our feet are personal, just like our diet choices! Wait. What I mean is, feet are the moral baseline. Never mind.
How do we do it?
It’s easy. If you want to be a good vegan and celebrate National Vegan Sock Week, follow these steps:
- Join the Facebook event to get the details (and share it with your vegan friends).
- Put on your best pair of vegan socks.
- Take a socksie (that’s a selfie of you in your socks!).
- Post it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and use the hashtag #VeganSockWeek
- Give yourself a pat on the back! Or the heel!
What are the rewards?
Community. I told you that already.
What are the challenges?
You may not have vegan socks. I mean, you probably have socks that aren’t made with animal skin or fur, but you might not have any with vegan messaging on them. That’s okay! Buy some great ones online and then you’ll be ready for next year!